FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The New York Photo Festival is pleased to announce
the selection committee for the Juried Exhibition
Accepting submissions until November 28, 2010
James Estrin - Co-Editor, New York Times Lens Blog
Marc Prust - Photography Consultant
Alfredo Cramerotti - Assistant Curator, Format International Photography
Dr. Christos Lynteris - Social Anthropology Department, University of St
Sam Barzilay - Festival Director, New York Photo Festival
Throughout history, every generation of theorists, scientists and artists has
grappled with the ultimate quest: to understand and define the human condition.
Now our turn has come: We are looking for images that encompass the experiences
of being human in a social, cultural, and personal context. Images that tell
the story of what it means to be part of HumanKind - the bad, the good, the
beautiful, the ugly, the exotic, the mundane, and everything in between.
Drawn from online submissions, 120 images will be selected and exhibited at The
powerHouse Arena in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
HumanKind - presented by the New York Photo Festival - will be on show from
December 17 to January 20.
* All work submitted for consideration must have been produced after January
* Finalists will be notified by December 5 and will need to drop-off their
work at The powerHouse Arena no later than December 15, 2010
* All work must be dropped-off suitably mounted or framed and outfitted with
appropriate hanging gear or it will not be included in the show
* All work must be clearly labeled (on the back side) with the artist's name
and phone number
* All selected work must remain on show at The powerHouse Arena for the
duration of the exhibition. Substitutions will not be accepted
* Artists are responsible for all shipping costs to and from The powerHouse
* Artists are responsible for insuring their work. All work will be handled
by experienced personnel and the utmost care will be taken to guarantee the
safety of the work. However, the New York Photo Festival and The PowerHouse
Arena will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the work while on
display or in transit
Each participating artist may submit 1-3 single images for a fee of $25 or 4-6
single images for a fee of $50.
37 Main Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2010 New York Photo Festival LLC