Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Dreamt Of Trees


'Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.' Lao Tzu

We all have to take responsibility for the health of our earth, of the nature that nourishes us, that allows us to breath our life giving breath. Small steps through the consumerist jungle can make a difference, switch off any power that isn't being used, recycle everything you can, stop using plastic bags as much as possible, cut that nice hot shower down by just a few minutes, think about what you really need and what you don't, what it is that truly makes you happy, you might find that its not in a sparkling shopping centre, and take time out to go hug a tree.

huuuuuug huuuuuug huuuuuuuuuuuug awhhhhhhph I can't get my arms round this one, huuuuuuuuuuuuug.

"I am especially encouraged to see that thinking of consumerism as an end itself seems to be giving way to an appreciation that we humans must conserve the earths resources." His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

No blogging from me for the next few weeks, I am off camping to hug lots and lots of trees!!

Images made in Malawi, Africa and are part of the series, 'Sanctum.'

No comments:

Post a Comment