Wednesday, July 7, 2010

one- the triangle



The Yogi sees life as a triangle, starting with birth, up one side of the triangle is growth to the top we reach youth, down the other side is change, into old age and decay, ending in death. Along the bottom edge is life hereafter, leading back again to birth. As the river begins from the rain clouds and returns to the rain clouds, do we also return again and again? Sometimes I wonder where a feeling came from, an impression in my subconscious mind, sometimes too vague and sometimes too strong to have been a recent feeling, a snippet of knowledge from the past reawakens within me. I feel the past is there, within the present moment.
"When man realizes that the immortal self is identical with the supreme self or God, what, then, is death and where is fear? The one theme of the Vedanta philosophy is the search after the unity of the individual self with the universal self or God. When this unity is achieved, no fear or death can remain." Swami Vishnu-devananda - the complete illustrated book of yoga.

The mind is like the river, turbulent, only when it is still, we can see clearly to the bottom, or to one's own true nature.

It is that time again that we call summer, a sense of freedom manifests, and I'm off again wandering, pack on back, camera in hand. Maybe to try to make the waves of my mind stiller! This year with my husband we are off to Lombok, Indonesia and the surrounding area, I want to continue my work of looking at the ocean and dwellings, a body of work that was started last year in Sulawesi- 'going back to the start.' You can view some of this work in a previous entry on this blog. Then back to the UK to spend some time with my Mum. So no blog posts for the next 6 weeks, I will indeed share on my return home to Malaysia.
For now, have wonderful summers, may the long time sun shine on one and all,
Om Shanti 'Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu' may all beings be peaceful.

image made at Cuckmere Haven UK, with appropriated image.

No comments:

Post a Comment